Friday, June 29, 2007

Confessions of a Jane Austen fan

What is there not to love about Jane Austen? And, who isn't in love with Mr. Darcy? I find myself getting caught up in the romance of it all, and by the end of a book or movie, it's difficult to come back to "real" life :) I just recently finished watching Emma and Pride and Prejudice. There's something about that world that is so enticing. If only there was such a perfect place where women are graceful yet independent, witty yet perfectly demure. Where men are noble and honorable, above reproach and perfect!

My favorite Austen character has to be Elizabeth Bennet. She always has a clever remark that's perfectly suited for the occasion, she's loyal and good to her family, and she's willing to admit being wrong about Darcy. She's that charming girl you always want to be :) Bottom line, Jane Austen's books transport you to a place that you hate to leave, where love conquers all. If you haven't explored them, you must! If you have, you know exactly what I mean. Now, I must go and start reading Pride and Prejudice again... it's been far too long.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Wouldn't that be a wonderful world? I have to agree. And I would love to dress as they did in that era. Hmmm, I really do need a Hamlet built like Marie Antoinette. I don't want to give up my air conditioning or pool. :)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and this entry. Yes, JA created a world you enter once and do not want to leave for the rest of your life.
Being older than you are you won't be all astonishment to hear that I read P&P at least 35 times ...
Thanks for this nice post!