Friday, June 29, 2007

First iTunes Purchase/Music Review



I have made my very first iTunes purchase since buying my iPod Nano (8 GB). I couldn't resist any longer and absolutely had to have the new Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Soundtrack. I have always loved filmscores with a great passion and the original Pirates filmscore has always been one of my very favorites. Klaus Badelt was the composer and although the entire filmscore was performed on a synthesizer, it is still very well done and very "piratey", for lack of a better word, lol. Well, when I went to see the latest Pirates movie, I was struck by the immensity of this new score. It is composed by Hans Zimmer (who happens to be the mentor of Klaus Badelt) and is a work of genius. The themes are sweeping and awe-inspiring. He takes that original, unmistakeable Pirates theme and builds on it to turn it into a work of art. Although I was a bit disappointed with the way this latest movie installment was concluded, the creation of the score alone was worth going to see it. I highly recommend checking this one out to those of you who enjoy filmscores...you will not be disappointed! My favorite tracks are:

One Day
Drink Up Me Hearties Yo Ho
Up Is Down
At Wit's End

No comments: