Saturday, August 25, 2007

Updates on knitting and life in general

Well, I have done it. I finally finished Levi's knee socks! And they fit him perfectly! I am so very pleased with how they turned out, even though I had to take them out a couple of times. I really don't like doing that because it feels like you've really knitted 1 1/2 pairs of socks instead of just 1, lol. Anyway, I am tucking these away for Christmas and have started in on another pair. This time they are for Kelsey and the colors are so much more fun to work with. The name of the yarn is "Crayola" and it describes it wonderfully. I also decided that I was tired of plain stockinette stitch for so long and am using a pattern that I got out of our new book, Favorite Socks by Interweave. It's called Diagonal Cross Rib. I love how it looks a little like cables without having to actually cable. So I have about 5 1/2" done so far and it seems to be going so much faster...I know it's just psychological, knowing that they aren't knee socks makes all the difference in the world! :)




Speaking of cables, I have yet to do any! I am going to embark on the cabling journey very soon though. I have bought my yarn for the Rogue Hoodie and can't wait to make that.

I haven't been working on my afghan at all since our air conditioning is out and its been record-breakingly hot the past few weeks. Today it was 101 at 11:00!

We got a new digital camera and I am so thrilled with it! The coolest thing it does is take panoramic pictures. You take three pictures then it "stitches" them together to make one long pic. It takes a little practice, but I am getting pretty good at it now and it looks like a pretty seamless photo! I will have to take one and put it up here soon...as soon as I perfect my technique :)

I am sorry that it has been so long since I have posted. My mom has been so faithful that you can probably just head over there and see all the latest, but I haven't had the heart to get online much since it's been so very hot outside and inside. My laptop just generates more heat, so I tend to avoid it, lol. I will be better about posting now. I promise! *fingers crossed*

I will close with a poem that really meant a lot to me-

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

-Emily Dickinson-

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Levi's socks are awesome!!! I have that Favorite Socks book, some really neat patterns, I just bought Nancy Bush's, Knitting Vintage Socks, good stuff as well. OMG, I cannot believe that you guys haven't had any air conditioning. Whew, and it has been so very hot. Prayers, love and cool thought sent your way.

June said...

The socks are great! I have finally turned the heel on mine, but I only work on them on Tuesday nights! Oy vey, no air! How have you survived it?? Lordy!

Love the poem. . .