Thursday, August 30, 2007

Rain, rain DON'T go away!

It rained today for about 30 minutes and it was wonderful! I have missed it so much! Our poor plants are so thirsty and our front lawn has really suffered. It was wonderfully cool this evening and we all went out to work on our playground which is coming along very nicely...pictures up soon! The kids are so enjoying that, it has morphed into a ship with swing sets coming out of it. My uncle is here working on our remodeling projects as well as the playground-today he made an anchor, put on the helm and a telescope up in the crows nest. It's basically everything you would ever want to use your imagination in play, which is perfect!

My socks are coming along nicely although I had to frog them a couple of days ago because I wasn't pleased with the way I continued the pattern after the heel flap. I am happier with them now but it seems to be so slow as I work toward the point where I left off last time :) I ordered 4 different colors of this self-striping yarn from Ram Wools about a month ago and I got 2 of them, but they told me that the other 2 would be back ordered and ready to ship in 2 weeks. Well, I haven't gotten them yet and I am nearing the end of these socks. As soon as we get our A/C again I will be working on my afghan, but not till then! So, I will have to place another order I suppose :) Alas, what torture! I have already chosen the yarn that I will be using for Mallory's legwarmers. She showed me some baby blue, thigh high legwarmers out of a ballet catalog that she wants so I will be working on those. Fortunately for me, she has thin legs, lol.

I haven't done ANY spinning since we started all our projects in the house and am so looking forward to that. I helped my mom buy 3 pounds of fiber for her birthday and it arrived today. I am so jealous! It positively screams "spin me!!!". So, as soon as my uncle leaves for home on Saturday evening, we will be finishing things up and then trying to get back to "normal" life :). I am not sure I remember what that is actually!

There is no Frigate like a Book
To take us Lands away
Nor any Coursers like a Page
Of prancing Poetry --
This Traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of Toll --
How frugal is the Chariot
That bears the Human soul.

-Emily Dickinson-

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Still no air? Gosh!!!! Playground sounds awesome, can't wait to see it. Dang those silly yarn people, don't they understand the importance of receiving new yarn? What kind of fiber did you and your mother get?

Marmee said...

Sorry Baby, we will not ever have a "normal" life. But, it is interesting, is it not?
Love ya man!!!

George said...

You're doing great with the knitting despite all the hassles. knitting must relax you. looking forward to seeing teh afghan (wink)