Sunday, September 9, 2007

No A/C, no TV, but I got those fingerless gloves finished!

Well, that post heading pretty much says it all. We still have no air conditioning, our big screen TV has been broken for about 5 weeks now (still waiting on the one the warranty people have sent to replace it), but, yes...here are the fingerless gloves!


If you were at B&N on Tuesday night, you probably heard me refer to the gloves that my youngest sister, Mallory was going to get for Christmas. Well, I bought the yarn and the are finished. I can also proudly say that they are my very own design...my very first original design. OK, so they're not all that complex-but I love the way the look and they fit her like, well, a glove! ;) I decided on a knit 1 purl 1 rib at the top, then knit 3, purl 2 rib for the remaining length of the gloves and it worked out perfectly. I didn't have to decrease at all even though above her elbow measures 6 3/4" and her wrist is 5". That's my kind of project! :) I think my mom is going to crochet a small lace edging on them to add the finishing touches. Isn't she the best?! More pictures will follow as soon as that is completed.

Mallory loves these gloves and has somehow still not realized that they are really for her...so far, so good! By the way, how can a slim little girl like her have such chubby fingers? LOL

So, I have some money and I just have to get new yarn for the Tomten KAL that our knitting group is starting soon. What a shame! :) I have been dying to make one since I saw the one Jared made over at his blog. He makes me so jealous with his insane knitting ability! Well, I must have just the right yarn...Knit Picks here I come!!

4 comments:

George said...

Your very own design looks very good! I dont know too much about purls and ribs, but I do know a classy looking fingerless glove when I see it.

Boos fingers should go on a diet :)

Keep up the great work!!!

Peggy said...

I just ordered the yarn for the Tomten, I'm making it for Aaron, the oldest, he loves it. Your fingerless thingys looks great!!!! Well the weather seems to be breakly a little, I'm sure that will help you guys stay cool.

June said...

Dad gum it! I just lost my post! I love the gloves, and I can't believe she doesn't realize they are for her!! That's too funny!

Totem: I have some Dark Blue Lovat from Bartlettyarns that I am planning to use for this KAL -

You can see it here:

http://www.halcyonyarn.com/Yarn_pages/yarn120.html

Not as inexpensive as Knitpicks, but it's already in the stash - Can't wait to start, but we need to encourage some of our other knitters to join (Karen)!

Angelika said...

Those mittens are great and I'm sure your sister will love them. They are so cheery. So you like purple? What a coincidence, me too.