Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas, new projects!


Firstly, you have to see Bailey's newest fashion addition. She has a new collar and collar jewelry. Isn't she stylin'?! She posed so perfectly for this picture that I couldn't resist.

So, onto life. We have been celebrating the holidays in our own way here at the Thornton's house. We watch our Christmas movies, and beginning about 10 days before Christmas day, we start opening one gift a night. I haven't opened too many, but the little kids all love this tradition. I have gotten some spectacular gifts so far this year. I have already shown you some yarn I got, but here's more!

They are both called "Mermaid" and one is fingering weight, the other is laceweight. I think I will make a lacy scarf with the laceweight and still unsure what I'll do with the fingering weight...socks maybe?

















I have frogged the socks I was working on for my mom (she wasn't that thrilled with the color and neither was I), and started something with my new yarn. A scarf! It's the one I talked about in one of my previous posts by Noro and it's working up beautifully! I can't wait to see it all washed and blocked. The pattern is wonderfully simple and free, so how can you go wrong? I am working on size 1 needles, but I am so loving the result, that it's worth the tiny stitches :) I am all done with my Christmas knitting list, so it's nice to be working on something for me. I do feel a bit selfish, but I love this scarf!!

I have been so busy knitting that I have been neglecting my puzzle, but I promised to post about it, so here it is!

Now, I know it doesn't look like much, but all that sky at the top was a challenge! Now just to finish the 50 odd people that are skating on that pond...whew!

Now, I don't know how many of you follow this but last weekend was the Target World Challenge (it's a golf tournament for those who may not know). It was also the first tournament that Tiger Woods has played in 11 weeks. So, it was a very exciting weekend, especially since he won! Golf is so great to knit by, nothing better. You can have the time to look down at your project if you need to and not miss what's going on, but there is still something interesting enough to occupy your time. Tiger is taking more time off from golf and won't be playing again until the Buick Invitational on January 25th. I will just have to make do until then :)

I am really getting interested in making handpainted/hand dyed yarn.I have loved knitting with it and think it would be so fun to create my own colorways! We went to Barnes and Noble the other day and picked up the book The Yarn Lovers Guide to Hand Dyeing. It has some interesting techniques in there that I am eager to try, this will be so fun! I will chronicle my first attempt for you all to see...Hopefully it turns out well, lol.

Well, I am off to work on my scarf some more. Happy holidays!!

3 comments:

George said...

Bailey looks like she was born to pose. Interesting puzzle, I think you're just teasing us with bits and pieces of the puzzle. Any prize to the first one who figures out what it is???

Good post as usual.

Peggy said...

What a perfect picture!!!! she is so sweet. The yarn is gorgeous. Gosh, can I join your family? A present each night starting 10 days out?

June said...

I love the Bailey girl! The puzzle is way too cool too! I am doing some dyeing tomorrow or Saturday too! I think you and I are on the same constant wavelength!