Sunday, December 9, 2007

Update!! Finally!!

First thing's first...please, PLEASE, please forgive my lack of blogging this past month. Time has just gotten away from me and I have been a horrible blogger...so sorry!! Now to catch you up on things- I finished the purple-y socks for Mackenzie, but cannot show you a picture just yet since I have already wrapped them. For those of you who saw the yarn as a work in progress in the last post, however, I will provide the details.

Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks, Winter Eclipse (75% Washable wool, 25% nylon)
Needles: Size 2 harmony circulars
Pattern: Basic toe-up sock, sized down for a child

Since my last post I also started and finished a pair of socks for Mallory and here they are.


The details are:
Yarn: Fiesta colorway, 100% superwash merino by Black Bunny Fibers
Needles: Size 1 circulars (harmony needles...gorgeous!)
Pattern: A child-sized variation (by me) on the toe-up sock by Wendy

I know that Mallory is really going to enjoy these. She kept coming up with excuses to try them on...just for fun of course :) I still have to wrap these and might put them in her stocking. The lucky thing about her being the youngest is that, since she's the smallest, it's so much easier to make things for her! So, thus ends the Christmas list of things I wanted to complete. I can't believe I made it! I have started a pair of socks for my mom, but my tendonitis is acting up again and I have been forced to set them down for a while. I am fathfully blue ice-ing it twice a day, so I expect speedy recovery!! So, here are her socks...toe-up of course.

Now on to other things. I have already gotten to open a couple of gifts for Hanukkah and they have been delightful! One of my gifts was this beautiful yarn. Both fingering weight, 100% superwash merino. It's kind of hard to see, but the one on the left is a blend of purples and greens, Gem Stones by Poppy Flower Fibers . The one on the right is a blend of greens, blues, and purple called Evening Forest. They are both 500 or more yards each! I am using the Evening Forest to make myself the Noro Silk Garden scarf.I saw it worked up at our LYS and fell in love! I think it will look awesome with a handpainted yarn like this.


I have been working on our annual Christmas puzzle and finally finished it. We always have one of Charles Wysocki's paintings and they are wonderful! Anyway, I finally finished this one two pieces short. ARGH! Oh well, I guess that's what I get for buying it at a yard sale, LOL. Fortunately we have 2 others and I have just started one of those. Here's the "before" pic and i will post updates as I progress :)







Ok, now last but not least in my personal news is something rather dramatic.



My sister Aubrey and I went and got a new piercing! We both got one of our Tragus' pierced, and for those of you who might not know...that's the flap of cartilage that you would press on to cover your ear and say "I'm not listening!", lol. I am so pleased with the outcome and it is healing nicely. I would prefer a smaller hoop, but that will have to wait a couple more weeks at least :)





So, there you have it folks. I will be posting the kids latest lapbook soon. It's their Thanksgiving project and it's mighty impressive, even if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

June said...

Well, all I can say is ouch!!! But, I love the adventurous nature you have! The socks came out great and I am so sorry about your tendentious I am having similar problems with my elbows, due to heavy lifting of doggy gates at my house!

Ok, so now I can't wait to see your Marmee's socks emerge!

Heather said...

You have been busy! The socks look wonderful.
The piercing looks great, hope it heals quickly. I had one in the little fold in the inside of my ear and had to take it out because I caught it with my hair brush every time! OUCH.

George said...

The socks and lap book look great, and I am glad the piercing is getting better. you do puzzles like I do. Start at the corners. It kind of looks like a sandwich eaten by someone who does not like crusts :) You'll have to post the puzzle when it is done. Glad you're posting again!!!