Thursday, October 25, 2007

Argh Matey!!

Well, the wrist brace is off and I am on my way back to normal life...hopefully :) I haven't actually started knitting again, but we're closer! It's difficult to replace knitting in your life. I was totally unprepared for it! What do you do when you would normally be knitting?! I have gotten some reading done, but I am mostly just worrying over the Christmas gifts that aren't getting done as Christmas creeps ever closer. I have gotten a lot completed in anticipation of the holidays, at least compared to last year, lol. I still have my knitting bag out of sight, but I can feel my strength returning and my project ambition is as high as ever.

On a more exciting note, I won a contest! I never win contests, and I am so thrilled at the prize...yarn! I was over at Carol's blog and she had a contest where you could guess the number of days until she received a job offer that she accepted. So, I guessed 49 and I was right! :) Here's the post and there is a picture of the yarn. I chose the purple-y one (sorry Suzanne!) and can't wait to make some socks with it! Isn't it gorgeous?!



I was at Wal-Mart the other day and couldn't resist this dog costume for Bailey. Isn't she adorably piratey?! She lost the hat immediately after this photo, but she contentedly left the little dress on all day.










I am loving this weather, aren't you? It's finally raining, and it's finally fall! Well, the kids and I are going to make a lapbook for Halloween so I had better hurry up and print it out, cut it out, and do that with them :) Will post pics of that when we have actually completed it.

3 comments:

George said...

Well Ash, you continue to surprise me. Just when I thought Bailey could not get any cuter..... have patience, my friend about the knitting. you'll meet your Christmas deadline, ARGG now Iam off to sea meself, fair lass!

June said...

Bailey is so cute! You guys are going to have a blast on Halloween! I hope you keep the purple for yourself, it's gorgeous!

Carol said...

Aww, Bailey is adorable! I'll have to ask her to talk to Dolly about keeping a costume on;)