Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall leaves and knitting woes

I am really bummed out today-I can't knit! I have tendonitis in my right wrist and it has really flared up since this weekend. I spent most of the weekend knitting non-stop on a gift that had to be finished (I did finish, by the way), then spent Tuesday morning at our knitting class that my mom and I teach, then by Tuesday night at our weekly knitting group meeting I was sore...but knitted anyway...so I think it was just a bit too much. So, I am trying to avoid my knitting at this point and give my wrist a rest. I had my knitting bag open earlier and the UFOs (Unfinished Objects) were calling to me so I had to put them out of sight. Zip the bag, put it away. I can, however, show you what I would be working on if I could be :)

First off is a boucle scarf. I think the colors are beautiful and the knitting turns out to be more of a fabric/felted look than actual knitted stitches. Its going pretty fast and I love it.

Next is a pair of toe up socks I have just barely started, as you can see. These are the third of six pairs I have to get done before Christmas :) Now you understand why I am so irritated about knitting time lost!





For the past week I have been working on a paper leaf garland. I have made one before, about 5 years ago, and it turns out so beautifully that I had to make another one. As you can see from the picture, I have traced a leaf shape onto different colored cardstock. I then traced another leaf shape on the inside and have yet to cut all those out with a paper cutting knife. I have 12 leaves of each color, then the inner leaves will double that number. The garland should be long enough...I hope! It takes a while, and it is tedious, but the end result is well worth it. Once I get a few more completed I will post more pictures.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear about your wrist! How frustrating. The projects look great- my daughter asked if she could cut out the leaves!
My uncle is a lifetime member of the Augusta National Golf Club. (His father is a former Insurance Commissioner for GA). They have attended several tourn's and my cousins have worked there at times. Wish I could send Masters tickets your way! Or my way for that matter.
I've never been to Pebble Beach, but my mom has gone on business trips there many times.
I guess we both have to live vicariously for now...so close and yet so far :)

George said...

Tennis elbow, runners knee, swimmers ear, and now, KNITTERS WRIST. Well we're proud of you for playing through the pain. take a short rest. you deserve it, and your knitting needles will get a chance to cool off :D

Peggy said...

Sorry to hear about your "no knitting". :( I love the fall wreath garland and I'm looking forward seeing it completed.

Carol said...

I love your new scarf and garland, very fall! The socks are my fave kind of color. Really sorry about your wrist, I would be insane! I bear good news though and hope it cheers you up a bit. You won my contest! So please check the yarn photo here: http://knit-and-run.blogspot.com/2007/09/one-for-me-one-for-you.html

And let me know which one you like! Congrats to us both!