Thursday, September 13, 2007

Catch up

This post is dedicated to June who gave me a very pointed look at B&N Tuesday night when speaking of "those people" who only post to their blogs once a week...June, this one's for you, girl-

So, life has been hopping this week and we have been running around more in this one week than we have in forever! Our homeschool coop started this week and my mom and I are teaching a knitting class for 5th and 6th graders. That was pretty interesting, lol but they all did very well and I can see that they will be ready to move on to purling pretty quick. The coop meets every Tuesday morning from 8:45 until about 1:00 so thats a pretty full day. Then, of course, Tuesday night is our B&N knitting group. My mom and I have been so blessed to get to know the wonderful women involved with this group and they have made us feel very at home here in Kentucky. We have more fun every week, with every opportunity to get to know them all better- Thanks KY Knitting ladies! :)

Yesterday we got our TV replaced, and my mom and I hooked it all up. It looks great! My dad also got a new HD DVD player and it is the ultimate in coolness! Of course, right now we only have one HD DVD (Superman) so we're all Superman-ed out by this point, LOL.
We have been without our beautiful TV for about 6 weeks now and it's so wonderful to have it back with us once more. Conveniently, I have just bought the new Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08 XBOX 360 game, just in time to play it in HD...there's nothing better! It has this new feature that enables you to take a photo of yourself, upload it to the EA Game's website, and then the game creates a player based on your photo. It's so realistic, it's kind of scary! I am having a blast doing all that and trying to get away with playing XBOX as often as I can. Just FYI, it's not very productive to knit and play XBOX at the same time-for your knitting OR your game ;)

Today, we went down to Nashville to exchange some shoes. We had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe with all the littles and it was a lot of fun. Of course, we were seated in the corner of the restaurant that houses all the monkeys and apes...who happen to all start screaming and howling about every 15 minutes, LOL. We did have a great time though and I did have the opportunity to work on my newest project during the drive there and back.

Speaking of projects, before going into my new one...I finished Kelsey's Christmas socks a couple of weeks ago but just haven't put any pics online yet-so here they are!






They fit her very well and I am pleased with the finished product. You can't really see very well from the photo, but I used the Diagonal Cross Rib pattern from Interweave's Favorite Sock's book.

Now, on to the newest addition to my OTN (On the needle) universe - legwarmers. Mallory specifically asked for a pair of thigh-high legwarmers to wear when she does ballet in the winter time. I casted on for them yesterday and am doing my first cables!! I feel like a real knitter now!! As Karen from knitting group would say, I am finally freeing my "inner knitter" :)

I got a Ram Wools order the other day- that's always so fun! I ordered some alpaca yarn for a scarf for myself (who knows when I will start that?) and the blue yarn for these legwarmers. The alpaca is so beautiful...I got the color called "Camel". The only drawback is that I either didn't look very thoroughly at the description, or they did a very poor job at describing it- at any rate, it's a lot lighter weight than I anticipated and I will probably have to buy a bit more. Ah well, I can use that as an excuse for another order later. A "while I'm here..." sort of thing :)

I am slowly whittling down my Christmas Knitting Queue...let's see, I still have these legwarmers, 2 more pairs of socks for the littles (I am still waiting on that yarn from Ram Wools! Argh!), and a pair of socks for Aubrey...so far! I've never started on Christmas gifts this early in the year before, so we'll see how successful I am at getting it all done! I can't start Aubrey's socks without a pair of #1 circular needles so I had to order some of those beautiful wooden ones from Knit Picks. Who can resist that advertising?! Oh and "while I was there" I got my Tomten yarn for the knit along our knitting group is going to be doing later this year. I chose Marine Heather, isn't the color wonderful?!

The weather is perfect now that we have our air conditioning fixed..of course :) This weekend is the FedEx Cup finale tournament (which I am following very closely...GO Tiger!), we have our TV back (the better to watch golf with) and I am working on a new knitting project...ahhh, life is good after all.

3 comments:

George said...

wow!

I am soo impressed with your new techno-TV. so you have an XBox 360??? heh heh. The TV looks great! and I may add an HD DVD to my growing list of toys, but thats a far off.

Your knitting, as usual looks great, and it is wonderful you are teaching kids how to knit. Purl ON!!

Peggy said...

Your cables look great!!!! I too succumbed to Knit Picks advertising, I order some dpns and one set of circular in the Harmony. I can't wait to get them.

June said...

OMG! A post from Pemberly! I luv it! I love the shot of your granite countertop too! Oooh, ooh I see no evidence of which your Mother spoke in this shot tho! Your knitting is grand, and the color you chose for the Totem will fit you very well! :) I am serious when I say if you need sock yarn let me know - color too, I may be able to accomodate. :)