Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tiger, Cables and Laundry

I am so jazzed tonight...Tiger won the FedEx Cup! My mom and I watched the tournament this weekend, and it was beautiful up there on our new Tv :) We always root for Tiger and this weekend he was on fire. He beat the runner up by 8 points, it was a blast to watch, and there was much cheering here at our house.

Watching golf is a great time for knitting, and I have run into my fair share of woes with these blasted legwarmers. I mentioned in my last post that I was practicing cables on them and I did get to do that. I was really displeased with the texture of the cables however, and have now decided to just do stockinette stitch the whole way. I feel pretty good about my first cables, though and am encouraged to try them again someday. So, I have begun the legwarmers once again and am doing them two at a time...like I love to do :)

It's hard to believe that the weekend is almost over. The weather has been so wonderful and fall-like that I am totally getting into the fall mood of things. I know this week is supposed to get warmer -in the 80's all week - and I will miss these cool temperatures. This Tuesday is homeschool coop once again and knitting class! We will see how much our students have done over the week. This ought to be interesting! :) I am hoping to remember to take the camera and get pictures for all of you out there in blogland, we'll see!

I got my Knit Picks order yesterday and that was exciting! My yarn ended up being significantly darker than the website portrayed, but I still like it and will be using it for my Tomten. I also ordered the beautiful colored wooden needles and I love those! I am starting a pair of socks for Aubrey, as soon as I finish the legwarmers, of course :)

I finally cancelled my Ram Wools order after 2 months of waiting for my self striping sock yarn to finish up a pair for Mackenzie and Zach. I ended up going to Knitting Warehouse and getting almost the same yarn. Hopefully their supply is more ample than at Ram Wools, lol. Wish me luck!

I have gotten stuck in a book series and I am so involved...it's been hard to put it down. It's the Alosha Trilogy by Christopher Pike. I only started last night and finished one of the two books written so far in the series, but now I am in the middle of the second and can't wait to read the rest! It's so hard to read and knit at the same time. It's pretty tricky to find books big enough to lay open in your lap - on their own, lol.


Oh, and Bailey loves laundry time. She is such a big help...what would we do without her?! :)

2 comments:

George said...

Thanks for the update :D

Peggy said...

Bailey looks so serene!!!! I'll have to check the book series out, you know how I love series. Your tomten is going to be lovely. I'm knitting Aaron a knee length one in Wool of the Andes chestnut.