Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Knitting class!

Well, thank goodness for Marm remembering the camera this morning! I was able to get pictures of our knitting class this morning to share with you! Don't they all look happy?! So far we are working on a basic garter stitch swatch that is turning into a scarf for some of the faster knitters in the group. Pictured here are the girls of the class. Left to right: Mackenzie, Kelsey, Morgan and Mallory. Mallory is my youngest sister, the one I am making the legwarmers for. I can also not deny Mackenzie (12) and Kelsey (9)...We have been working on the knit stitch for 3 weeks now and will be progressing (Hopefully!) to purling next week. Everyone is doing so well and we are so proud of them!




Here are a couple of the guys in our group, Zach and Hunter. Zach is my brother, he's 10 and getting pretty good with his knitting technique! The thing we have noticed with the boys is their tendency to knit so tightly that you can't slide the
stitches along the needles! This may be common with other new knitters, but so far we have really only dealt with the boys on this. As you can tell, they're having a really good time here, lol.








This is Joseph, with his mom and my other brother Levi (9). Well, that's the whole gang! We knit for an hour at our home-school coop and it's been a great success so far. I will keep updating as our projects progress- Keep your fingers crossed! And as Hunter says, "Knitting Rocks!" ;)

A side note- I am so incredibly excited that Josh Groban (one of my all time faves) is releasing a Christmas album! I have said it for years now that he should- his voice is perfect for Christmas songs- but he finally decided to listen to me and do it this year. YAY! I can't wait!

2 comments:

George said...

Ill have to remember not to knit too tightly.:) Dont get me started on Christmas, I already have so much enthusiasm about my birthday!
Good to see the kids happy!

Angelika said...

I think it is cool when the boys learn to use the needles too. When I grew up everybody, boys and girls, learned to knit in elementary school, until the boys started wood shop.