Thursday, September 27, 2007

New yarn, again!

I wasn't necessarily planning on this, but I bought more sock yarn yesterday! I guess June and Cat (Girls from my knitting group) are starting to rub off on me :) Anyway, we headed off to our LYS (Local Yarn Store for those of you non-knitters out there) last night and I ended up with the most beautiful sock yarn. It's ONline Supersocke #830 and if you look at this picture, you can see the awesome pattern it makes (it's the top one on the left). I can't find a picture of the other one so I will just have to post pics as I progress. I was intending to buy some yarn for the socks that I am making for my sister Aubrey (she's 21), but they had an actual sock knitted up with a different colorway of this same brand, and I fell in love! Darn that effective marketing strategy stuff! So, now I have a pair of socks in the knitting queue for Aubrey and myself...what am I to do?! Aubrey is anxious for her socks and I am anxious to work with some new yarn so I will be doing hers next!

Now, onto the legwarmers! I am almost done and so happy about it! I tried them on Mallory last night while she was asleep because she is a very sound sleeper. It worked like a charm! Why haven't I done this with every "secret" project before this?! I think I have about 2 more inches to go, then on to the ribbing, then I am done! I know she will love these and wear them out so I want to make them long enough to last for awhile. I am going to make the ribbing long enough to fold down as well. I will be finishing these today *fingers crossed*, so you should be seeing them completed and modeled by some child very soon!

Last night, my mom bought a quilt pattern to make me as a Christmas gift and I am so excited about it! It's so cute, and I love it. You have to go see it here. I love the little turtles and it will look so perfect on my bed. Isn't my mom the greatest?!

Poor Bailey, all this blogging
really wears a girl out! ;)

4 comments:

Carol said...

Hey Ashley! Please forgive me, I never take this long to respond! I had serious PC issues and installed a new hard drive. You are entered in the contest and it's nice to meet you!

George said...

I know I dont knit, but I get excited when you get new yarn. You always seem so happy when you get it. Keep up the uplifting posts. Its much needed :) I hope you win the contest too!!

Peggy said...

Man that yarn is gorgeous!!!! I'm not going, I'm not going, I'm not going!!!! Okay, got that taken care of I think. The leg warmers are just truckin along, lookin great.

June said...

Ahhh, the self striping is finally found,eh? And you know, I think Bailey is going to have terrible bed head hair when she gets up from her nap!

That's some heavy sleeper you got there! Oh MY Gosh! Caryn would wake up if you even adjusted your position in your chair when she was little!

lol