Sunday, July 1, 2007

Knitting projects now and later


Well, at this moment, I have several knitting projects I would like to be working on. I continue to file more and more away as "I'll do that next" projects.
Right now I am working on the Shapely Tank, which was a free pattern I got online from White Lies Designs. This photo is what the pattern is supposed to look like, but I don't think mine will be quite this "shapely". For one thing, I had such trouble getting my gauge to match the pattern that I ended up just improvising and altering it to suit my fancy. I am just approaching the point where I have to start shaping at the underarms, so we'll see how it goes! As far as my knitting queue, I have added a little knitted monkey, a pair of socks for each of my five younger siblings (we'll see how far I get on that goal, lol) a hooded sweater for myself that is just gorgeous, a shawl that I have yet to choose, a scarf, and an afghan for a friend of mine. I am sure there are more things I am wanting to do, but they haven't surfaced in my mind yet...Is this ridiculous or what? I have decided to add a running list here on my blog to keep track of my project to-do list and the order that I want to do them in. Maybe this will keep me motivated to stick to the list and not stray too far into that enticing land of knitting patterns, LOL. All you knitters out there have to know what I am talking about! So much to knit, so little time!!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Well heck, do like me and just start them all at the same time. That way you are never bored.