Monday, July 16, 2007

Of mowing and stitch marker creation


Mowing is something that isn't usually very fun. It's hot, sticky, and you get grass clippings all over yourself, and its very loud. Yesterday, my sister Aubrey and I did the mowing together. We now have 2 mowers, one is a very agile Dixon and one is a very not agile Cub Cadet. So, Aubrey zipped around all the trees and shrubbery with the Dixon and I plodded around and around on the Cub Cadet. It was my first time driving it, and it's so cool! It even has cruise control! actually had a pretty good time with us working on it together and as you can see, the yard looks great! It was very rewarding :) This is the view from our front porch, and that's Levi there in the corner. This is approximately 1/4 of the yard.



Today I worked on making some beaded stitch markers for my mom. I am actually really proud of how well they turned out, even though I wasn't able to do as many as I wanted to. We have seen the beautiful stitch markers that June has, and I was inspired to try some myself. I looked online at all the different methods that people have used to make these, and finally settled on using the circular side of a plain toggle clasp. It worked perfectly, and I think they will safely fit all the needle sizes that we use. So, I feel that the past two days has been pretty productive for me!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Good job on both the yard and the markers. They markers are really beautiful. I love those little bitty ones June has. I haven't been able to get my wire to turn and look like hers. I bet she has all the neat tools, but I bet you do to!!!!!

Marmee said...

You are such a perfect child, and an even more perfect young lady! What mother could ask for anything more than what you are?
I love you!!

June said...

Oooh!! I love these stitch markers!! What size are they? Where did you get your "O" rings? They look perfect and the lawn looks great too!

June said...

Whoops, shoulda read Peggy's comment first - yup, I do have some of the tools!