Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tour De Fleece Project

I have begun my spinning project for the Tour De Fleece! This is the fiber I am working on (merino) as well as what I have plied so far.I am very thrilled with how it turned out. I am planning on using this for a stole, but we'll see what happens between now and then, lol.

I have had a recent opportunity to experience one of my pet peeves. I cannot abide when one bobbin of singles has more on it than the other! When you ply, you are left with singles on one bobbin and not the other...what is the cure for this malady? Please, someone give me an idea! I was talking to a couple of my knitting friends (Peggy and June) and they mentioned weighing your bobbins before starting to ply to determine that you have an even amount on each. I may have to resort to this method! As you can see, I have a significant amount left on this bobbin, ARGH!





So, I will soon be looking for that stole pattern. It will be my first shawl/stole to make and I am actually pretty excited about it! I will be posting the link to the pattern as soon as I decide on which one I like the best. Of course, if you have looked at my knitting queue, you will know that I have no business thinking about this yet, but a girl can dream, right? :)

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow, that yarn looks awesome!!!! Who said you have no business starting a new knitting project? Live on the WILD side!!!! Well, after looking at your queue. Live on the WILDER side!!!!

June said...

The yarn is beautimus! I wish I could have zoomed in on it, but your file didn't zoom - anyway is this what you are spinning for the Gothic Leaf Stole? Did you know Sivia Harding has a yahoo group dedicated to knitting her designs? If you want I can give you the url - Anyway, it will be gorgeous in purple and the color would be great on you!

Ashley said...

I would love to have the URL for that yahoo group June, thanks! I am planning on using this purple yarn for that stole, as long as I can get enough yardage out of it and it looks like the right weight when I knit it up. I will bring my skeins to B&N next week and I would love to see some of your handspun as well! Thanks for your sweet comment!