Monday, July 23, 2007

Update on knitting projects & remodeling

Sorry that it's been so long since I have posted, we have been hopping over here at the Thornton Household. My uncle came up from Arkansas to work on some remodeling we wanted done in our house. It's going to be great when it's all done, but in the meantime it just makes a huge mess! I have been working on my stole as often as I can invent an excuse to sit down and grab it :) I have had to frog it 3 times, but I finally got the hang of this lace pattern and now it's flying along. I will be posting pictures soon, when I get enough done to actually give you an idea of what it's supposed to look like (and when I can find the camera amidst everything). I got some yarn the other day in Nashville for my rogue hoodie pattern and I can't wait to start that! Of course, now that I am already (selfishly) working on something for me, I think it will be awhile before I start it. I found out last night that my little ballerina sister wants some leg warmers for Christmas. She wants them thigh-high in that classic ballet pink color. I don't think it will be too difficult (especially since she's a short little thing), and I know she will love them. She also wants a wrap around sweater in that same pink, so I think I will put some other colorful project between those two. You can only take so much pink at once, lol. I am still waiting on my self-patterning sock yarn from Ram Wools and I am really looking forward to making socks out of that! I've never done anything with that kind of yarn and it's so exciting!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I know you are going to love the self patterning yarn!!!!! Sounds like you guys have been really busy!!!!!